More than 17 percent of Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center’s donors are between the ages of 16 and 18. Even after graduating, many of those students go on to become lifelong Commit for Life donors.
The Commit for Life High School Program provides education and community outreach for young people. Hosting a successful high school blood drive is easier than you may think!
How can your high school Commit for Life?
- Partner with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to schedule two or more blood drives per school year.
- Host a Training and Education Program. This highly effective program empowers students to organize and manage their blood drive using tools and techniques offered by your account representative.
- Spread the work. Working as a committee sparks new and creative ideas to improve the blood drive and allows more students to participate in this rewarding experience.
Why should our school Commit for Life?
Our mission to help save and sustain lives can not be fulfilled without committed donors. With the Commit for Life High School Program, we strive to create positive learning and donation experience for young donors. By providing training, education, and meaningful leadership opportunities for these students, we are building the Commit for Life donors, volunteers, and chairpersons of the future.
While saving lives, your students will benefit by receiving:
- Red cords (at the school’s request) for graduating seniors who make four or more donations during their high school career
- Opportunities to earn a $500 scholarship award by Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to 40 students each year
- Other educational advantages, such as tours of our facility, and our annual fall leadership workshop
- Premium Gulf Coast REgional Blood Center branded items
- Community service hours for hosting blood drives as a part of a group, like NHS or Student Council
- Special "All Access Pass" lanyards for the student group hosting the drive
- A gift card to be awarded to the school for Project Graduation or equivalent (must host at least two blood drives during the school year)
- The knowledge that all participants, the host group, and the donors, make a difference in the world. Each donation can help save up to three lives!
Ready to help save lives?
Send us your information, and we will contact you about scheduling a blood drive!
If you have additional questions, please call (713) 791-6670.